Bertrand Jeannin, Partner, supplies strategic and technical advice to French and foreign multinational groups in all aspects of their VAT and customs policies. He regularly assists his clients in the frame of the setting up of VAT treatments and best practices with the aim to manage and reduce the cash and cash flow costs deriving from VAT & customs.,Bertrand also assists the finance and tax managers as to the the management of the interactions between indirect tax and the other departments within a company (supply chain, sales department, IT services, etc.). He regularly assists companies in the field of tax audits and dispute resolution matters.
He has also a long-standing expertise in private equity and corporate M&A transactions. He has been regularly involved on the VAT aspects of a large number of due diligences, as well as on all VAT aspects deriving from the structuring of acquisitions.
Bertrand has been the author of numerous notes and comments published in the tax reviews, in the business sector reviews or on the blog of Deloitte Société d'Avocats. He has been identified each year since 2015 by the US review Best Lawyers as a “Best lawyer” in the field of French tax.
Bertrand started his career within Andersen before joining Deloitte Société d'Avocats in 2002.
- Attorney at the Hauts-de-Seine’s Bar - 1996
- Master’s degree in Tax Law and Public Finance, Paris II Panthéon-Assas – 1995
- ESLSCA Business School - 1991
- Une demande de remboursement de crédit de TVA peut-elle être fondée sur l’article L. 80 A, alinéa 2 du LPF ? - Revue de Droit Fiscal N°41 - October 13th, 2016
- Taxe sur les salaires : Dans quelle mesure une société holding mixte peut-elle se prévaloir d'une sectorisation d'activités pour ajuster sa charge de taxe sur les salaires ? - Revue de Droit Fiscal n°37 - September 10th, 2015
- Taxe sur les salaires : l'affectation des dirigeants de holdings mixtes au secteur taxable à la TVA est toujours possible – Revue de Droit Fiscal n°4 – January 26th, 2012
- Co auteur Aides intragroupes : le piège fiscal – Capital Finance – October 29, 2012
- Nouvelle directive européenne sur les règles fiscales de facturation et la TVA : de bonnes nouvelles pour les entreprises – Option Finance n°1099 – November 8th, 2010
- TVA sur frais de cession de titres de participation : droit à déduction (non) – Revue de Droit Fiscal n°17-18 – April 29th, 2010