Criminal risk prevention
We assist you through risk analyses, mapping, awareness-raising actions, and memorandums on various topics likely to give rise to criminal proceedings. Our teams work in synergy to anticipate and protect you from potentially risky situations as well as regarding their possible consequences.
We can help you in:
- Delegations of authority
- Regulations on health and safety at work, risk of qualification of concealed work, etc.
- Company law, Tax law, Distribution law and Consumer law: qualifications of misuse of corporate assets, criminal consequences of presumed mismanagement (in particular in the event of bankruptcy proceedings), liability of legal or de facto representatives, ethics and compliance, misleading commercial practices, etc.
Criminal proceedings and alternative measures to prosecution
We assist your company, and yourself as a manager, at all stages of criminal proceedings:
- Criminal complaint
- Custody / investigation
- Judicial information / indictment / appeal before the Investigation Chamber of the Court of appeal
- Alternative measures to trial, in particular Pre-Conviction Appearance proceeding (PRCC)
- Proceedings before courts (Correctional Chamber of Judicial Courts, Court of Appeal, etc.) and their consequences.
We also work with you in the context of investigations performed by the Directorate-General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Prevention of Fraud or the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF).
Victim – Civil party / civil interests
Deloitte Société d'Avocats assists, advises, and supports you when you are facing criminal acts, their author(s) being identified or not. Being your privileged interlocutor, we act for the preservation of your rights and interests, and we remain present at your side at all stages of the criminal proceedings.
With the main objective of minimizing the impact of criminal proceedings, we identify risk areas through knowledge of your company, and adapt the procedural approach consequently.
Few examples of victim assistance (legal persons and/or natural persons):
- Filing a complaint, lodging a complaint with civil party, request for a trial (directly)
- Investigation phase, judicial information, proceedings before criminal courts, but also civil courts
We assist and advise you in a wide variety of situations: fraud (Ponzi scheme, offenses linked to cryptocurrency / NFT, etc.), cybercrime, breach of trust, abuse of corporate assets, environmental violations, defamation, etc.